Thursday, May 30, 2013

Training Tuesday: 2nd Back-to-back Run

In light of the hubby getting his first somewhat real job and my promotion, we hit the outlets for some good shopping. I got a pair of nude heels and a dress for work. 

My training lately has been feeling kind of bland. I feel like I'm stuck in a gray area where I need to be training, but the event still seems so far out that I'm not that worried about it (which I know will not be the case very soon)! I still got in my second back-to-back Dumbo training run (this time it was 3 miles and 8 miles) to prepare for running the 10k and 1/2 on consecutive days. 

Weekly Recap
Tues: 1 mile 
Wed: 2.5 mile run
Thurs: push ups, sit ups
Fri: 3 mile run
Sat: 8.2 mile run
Sun: push ups, sit ups
Mon: rest

The hubby and I are going on a little getaway to wine country. We're staying at a little place on a vineyard and we're allowed to roam the grounds freely- can you say running through the grape vines?! :)
My goal for next week is to work on my pace. I run outside, so it's hard to run at a set, controlled pace. My plan is to map out one mile, run at a faster than normal pace and see   how it goes. I'll adjust my speed after that. 


Did you do anything special for the holiday weekend? 

3 comments:

  1. Great job on your back to back run!

    Wine country looks absolutely stunning - have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are way ahead of me on the back to back. I'm going to be sucking wind come Sept. LOL

    Have a great time in wine country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!
    Longhorns- While I may be ahead of you in the mileage, I'm still super slow! :)

    ReplyDelete