Here's how it works:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
5. Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you've nominated.
Let's get started!
My 11 Random Facts
1. I'm less than 5ft tall. At 4ft 11.5inches (yes, every bit counts!), my height, or lack there of, is one of the first things people notice. I'm not a little person, just very petite, or "fun size" like the candy bars. ;) I actually enjoy being short, too.
2. My drink of choice is beer. I mostly drink imports, like Heineken or Newcastle, though I've been enjoying Longboards lately. Reminds me of Hawaii.
3. I love to sew. Mostly little things, like purses, wallets or travel bags.
4. I studied film in college. Yes, there was a lot of movie watching, but there were a ton of papers and analysis. Even years later, I sometimes find myself dissecting a movie in the theater.
5. I love photography. Some day I hope to make it my career. Here's one of my favorites.
6. I've never had a bloody nose. Random, right?
7. Seahorses are one of my favorite animals.
8. I wore red shoes at my wedding.
9. I only cut my hair once a year. This is really just because I'm lazy about it.
10. When husband and I first started dating, we solidified our relationship status over a $120 long distance phone call from Italy to California. Best money I ever spent. :)
11. I collect Mickey Antenna Balls. Prepare to be shocked...
Did your jaw drop? ;) I have over 200 of these little guys. I started collecting them over 10 years ago when I found a bunch on sale. Since then, I've slowly been adding to my collection. We still rent, so I haven't figured out a way to display them. Hopefully some day. :)
My 11 Questions from Lauren:
1. What race is at the top of your running bucket list?
The full marathon at WDW. A close second was the original marathon course in Greece.
2. If money was no object and you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Hmm... Probably somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. I can't see myself leaving California.
3. What is your current running goal that you are working towards?
To run a half marathon in under 2 hours. HUGE stretch goal.
4. What is your favorite food to eat after a race?
For the Disneyland half last year, my hubby and I planned out our "victory lunch"- the fried green tomato sandwich w/ sweet potato fries at The Hungry Bear restaurant at Disneyland. If you haven't eaten there, it's a MUST!
5. Of all the blog posts you have written, which one is your favorite?
6. What is your favorite movie?
I hate when people ask this- it's SO hard to answer! ;) Probably Love Actually.
7. Who is your favorite Disney character?
Steamboat Willie, which I guess is really just Mickey from way back in the day.
8. Dogs or Cats?
9. What is one thing you REALLY want to do in the next 5 years (does not have to be running related)?
Go back to Italy!
10. Best piece of running advice anyone has ever given you?
Just keep running. If you think you need to stop, slow down for a bit, then keep going.
11. What is your dream job?
One of those VIP tour guides at Disneyland. In the real world, a photographer or film critic.
My 11 Questions from Karen:
1. Tutu or Sparkleskirt?
1. Tutu or Sparkleskirt?
I haven't tried either, but I think I'm going to make my own Sparkleskirt for my next race.
2. How many furry kids do you have?
3. How long have you been running?
3 years or so.
4. What's your profession?
Supervisor at a bank.
5. What's one of your favorite childhood memories?
Vacationing at Disneyland with my family.
6. Do you fuel during runs? What and when?
I eat Clif Shot Bloks starting around mile 5? Or earlier if I need a boost. I only eat one or two for the whole run, though.
7. What was the last book you read?
Currently reading Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella. It's not raunchy like the title makes it seem, but it's super funny.
8. Favorite race/distance you have run?
I've only raced half marathons, but I really enjoy going 10k or longer. It takes me a while to settle into running.
9. Three songs you love to run to?
The theme song from Rocky... LOL
The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga- I planned this on my playlist to be my finish line song for my first race. I didn't think about it the whole race, but by coincidence it was actually playing when I finished!
I Gotta Feelin by the Black Eyed Peas
10. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Italy. I hope to go back with my hubby soon. :)
11. Why do you love running? I know this gets asked a lot, but I never tire of hearing what runners love about running!
Everything! Even the blisters and funky things that happen to your husband's toenails when he runs. lol. I love the way I feel after, the sense of accomplishment, the awesome medals you get, etc.
My 11 Questions for You:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Do you have a nickname and how did you get it?
3. If you could have any car, what would you drive?
4. When reading, do you prefer an Ebook or physical paper book?
5. Do you cook? What's your favorite meal to make?
6. What's your favorite wine?
7. Milk or cream in your coffee?
8. You have a month of vacation and money is no object- where would you go?
9. Funniest thing that's happened to you recently?
10. Favorite TV show that's on air right now?
11. Mac or PC?
My 11 Nominees!
Lena @ The Beginners Runner
Jen C. @ Hello Fitness... We meet Again...
Karen @ Losing the Glass Slippers
Jaime @ It's Gotta Be Here Somewhere
Patty @ Margaritas, Miles & The Mouse
Jennifer K. @ Red Hair & Running Shoes
Lacey & Meranda @ Fairytales & Fitness
Sarah @ sarah runs a lot
Jodi @ 13.1 Miles to Disney
Meg @ Runaway Royalty
If you stuck with me this far, congrats! This was a lengthy one!