Thursday, May 23, 2013

Running Tip Jar

Thanks to the fantastic Lena over at The Beginners Runner, I now have a new motivational tool to add to my training for the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge: a running tip jar. It's pretty easy- for every run, you "tip" yourself and put some money in the jar. The money saved up can be used for expo purchases (you know you'll drop a chunk of change there) or other fun stuff during the race weekend. Lena had such a fun phrase on her jar- "the more you run... the more for fun!" I just had to use it. I hope that was ok, Lena! 

I'm planning to go with a $1/mile rate, hopefully it'll keep me motivated to stick to my 3 mile weekday maintenance runs. I showed my hubby the jar and explained my plan. He's excited for it, but I don't think he'll be participating, since he regularly averages 100+ miles/month! He'd have an awesome stash at the end, though! 


Here are some pictures (plus my Disneyland 1/2 race shirt turned tote bag in the background). 



Would you try a tip jar? Do you have any other motivational tricks? 

7 comments:

  1. That came out so cute! Great idea, using a paint can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's definitely been helping! Though I got a lot of strange looks at the bank when I asked for a bunch of ones. Lol

      Delete
  3. LOVE. IT! Your jar turned out so adorable. You can use my ideas anytime...if I could somehow talk you into making me one of your Race Shirt Tote Bags!!
    OMG that is too freaking adorable and I do not have a creative bone in my body to pull that type of craft off. I would end up making a mesh bag (ie. lots of holes) or a Godzilla.
    Thank you for the shout out on your post! I'm blushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to share my craftiness with others! If you send me a shirt, I'll send you back a bag! :)

      Delete
  4. Lena, send me a message with the little form on the right and we'll talk details. :)

    ReplyDelete