Thursday, March 20, 2014

Santa Monica & Disneyland Weekend Trip

This past weekend I visited my husband while he was on a business trip in Los Angeles. We went to Santa Monica and walked to Venice Beach. And of course, we spent a day at Disneyland.

View from the Santa Monica Pier



This bike path runs on forever! What a beautiful place to run!


We walked in the sand for at least a mile. Good workout!



It was a gorgeous day at Disneyland. Temps got into the 90s, but it was nice to soak in the sun.

We visited on March 16th, just a day before Big Thunder was to open after over a year of being closed. Lucky for me, they were doing annual pass holder previews and I was able to ride. Unfortunately my hubby does not have an AP... so he had to wait for me. :/ 

The mountains and everything look at lot more vibrant and fresh.

There's been a change to part of the ride- I won't give it away, but I will say it was loud. Like really loud. Clearly the guy riding in front of me agreed.


Have you ever been to Santa Monica? 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend - can't believe temps are in the 90's there already. Craziness! Also, I wish I had a running trail that gorgeous!

    I went to LA back in high school but I can't remember if we went to Santa Monica... I remember going to Venice Beach. Is there close by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kinda crazy how hot it was! I definitely enjoyed it! Venice Beach is super close. We walked from the pier down to Venice Beach and it was maybe a mile?

      Delete
  2. I love your pictures! I've never been to Santa Monica but it looks gorgeous! Right about now I'd kill for weather in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I was bummed when I went home to cooler weather, I can't wait for summer!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! These are all places i'd love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! California definitely has some gorgeous places to see. :)

      Delete