Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend : Official Race Guide

The race guide for the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend has been posted on the runDisney website and you can find it here. It's jam packed with information and if you weren't excited before, you certainly will be after reading it!

Here are some of the highlights for me: 

Races, Expo & Park Hours

 Thinking about other runDisney races? Here are the dates. I'll be at Tink and the DL Half again next year! 

I've never run a "challenge" race before, so I wasn't sure how the bibs would go. Judging by Goofy, I assumed it would be one bib for both races. But where do you pick up your bib? In the 10k section? Half? This explains it! There's a separate Dumbo packet pick up section.

You'll need to wear that same bib both days to get your Dumbo medal. Be sure to keep an eye on those safety pins after the 10k!

To ensure that you've completed both parts of the Dumbo Challenge, you'll get a special wristband after completing the 10k. Then after the half, you'll go to the Dumbo tent to trade in that wristband for your Dumbo medal. (From runDisney's final race instructions)

 Corral assignments have been released and here is the map. See my post on corral assignments here. My first year in 2011, I started way at the end of the last corral- G. It's literally up the ramp that leads into the Mickey and Friends parking structure! 

 The nerd in me loves this! I hope I'm still running when I'm 81!

 Got any "must-haves" for the expo? Here's the list of vendors and where they will be. My recommendation is to hit the official merchandise area first, head all the way across to pick up your shirt and goodie bag, and then take your time with the rest of the expo. 

The inaugural 10k course map was released as well. See my post on it here

The 2013 course map was also released. It looks exactly the same as last year, except for a few squiggles here and there. 

 2012 Course Map

* All photos taken from the runDisney Disneyland Half Marathon official race guide

I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment