Thursday, January 22, 2009

Story of a girl...

I've been putting this off for a while, mostly because I know it's going to take a while, but bear with me. As I've mentioned before, I'm writing a love story for my script writing class. So far we've gotten several drafts of our treatments done (like a short story version) and have handed in outlines. Next step is to write Act 1, which is about 30 pages or a page per minute of movie. Sounds like a lot, but it's actually not.

Anyway, on to the story. It's about a woman (aren't they all?) in her late twenties who's had a pretty tragic past- she was once engaged, but her fiance died- and it's been keeping her from opening up to love again. The film follows her struggle to open up to love again and find her Prince Charming. Along the way, she encounters funny situations (like trying to date a gay guy or getting proposed to and saying no), but in the end, her perfect guy turns out to be who she least expected.

I have a lot more details and about half of the first act done, but I'm thinking that posting it here isn't a great idea. It'd be too long and out of format, but hopefully I'll be able to keep you all updated on the progress and maybe a short summary of what's going on. :)

p.s. Burn Notice is on tonight at 10pm on USA. I'm making cupcakes for our premiere party! hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment