Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Optimism

With the beginning of a new year comes newfound optimism complete with plans, ideas, and overall excitement. Which is why I like to make resolutions. Not to force myself to do something by the years end, but mostly to encourage myself to do something I've always wanted to. These have been floating around in my head for a while and I'm pretty realistic about things. (No need to resolve to buy a house in the next year. =P)

~ Finish school: If all goes as planned I'll be throwing myself a "yay-im-FINALLY-done-with-school" party on Dec 11th. And you're all invited. Seriously. =)

~ Finish a book or screenplay: I got into that script writing class and I couldn't be more thrilled and excited and scared. I'll probably post updates on how its going; maybe a summarized verison.

~ Save some dough: As I'm thinking more and more about my future with Dearest, I'm trying to brace for the rough financial times ahead. =/

~ Try a new recipe every week: This is my vow to keep expanding my culinary skills. I'll post some of the awesome recipes I encounter.

~ Make my skinny jeans my everyday jeans: Cliche, but true. Going to the gym gets super boring, but in the end the results are completely worth it!

~ Move: I know I know... We weren't planning on moving again until Dearest transfers, but we really want to get a dog, which isn't possible in our current place. Plus the parking here is horrendus. Moving brings about a lot of stress and extra purchases, such as a bed and washer/dryer. (We've vowed never to go back to apartment style laundrymats....) But I think it'll be a fun time for us.

All in all, I'm super psyched for the new year and all the fun changes it'll bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment