Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DIY Baby Shower Gifts

A few weeks ago, I attended a close friend's baby shower. The happy couple is expecting a baby girl and I created some special handmade gifts for them. 

My friend likes anything nautical themed, so I made a nautical navy and pink quilt. My favorite part of it is the fabric with the seals. It's called "French Seals"- they're wearing striped shirts and berets. 


I also made burp cloths. These were super easy- I used chenille fabric backed with a fun cotton fabric. I cut rectangles, sewed the right sides together, flipped them so the right sides were out, and then top stitched the edges. I love the little hearts and stripes fabric.



The last item I made is a blanket. This one has a patchwork quilt top and is backed with soft minky fabric. There's no batting, so the blanket can be used year-round.

Do you enjoy making DIY gifts?

1 comment:

  1. I always dreamed to learn how to quilt, but I guess that's not really for me. Well, handmade gifts are just so nice and I'm pretty much sure that mom-to-be going to love it.

    http://thermee.org

    ReplyDelete