Monday, October 6, 2014

A Case of the Sads...

I apologize for my lack of blogging for the past week or so. I came down with a case of the Sads. Not quite seasonal affectedness disorder, but just being sad and disappointed.

About a week ago, life was going great. Things here in Texas were wrapping up and I fully expected us to be back in CA by mid-October. I had even found work- my old branch was hiring a teller position, which was perfect! That is until we found out we aren't moving back until "sometime in November." 


I was really disappointed at first, mostly about work. My old boss couldn't hold the position for me for over a month, nor would I expect her to. I'm really dreading the job-search game and it doesn't help that we don't have a solid move date. So even if I found something, I'd have no idea when I could start. 

But the part that is the most irritating? Travel plans. I have two race trips in November- Wine & Dine in FL and Avengers in CA. And I have no idea where I will be flying from. I need to figure out travel plans!!! As an OCD planner, it's making me twitchy. 

Anyway, that's what has been going on recently with me. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear about your delayed move. At least it's not too much later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying to embrace a go with the flow attitude. Haha. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that things are not moving smoothly. The good news is that if there was a position open at your old company, and they want you back, another one could open that fits your timeline. Think positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think it'll be easy to go back to the company, in fact they kind of offered me a better job, even better than my old one, but again, I couldn't take it because of the moving situation. But it does give me hope!

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear you won't be moving until November :0( I really hope it doesn't interfere with travel plans for your races...that has to be stressful thinking about booking flights. I hope plans become more concrete soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not ideal, but then I remember where I'll be going and how can I not be happy about going to Disney? :) With all the ups and downs and weird travel arraignments I've gone through in the last year, I figure I can get through this.

      Delete