Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Recap & 2013 Preview

Once again, another year is coming to a fast close. With Dearest out from school (a.k.a. busy catching up on all the video games he missed out on during the semester), it's given me some "me time" to reflect on this past year and the upcoming one. 

Let's look back to last year's resolutions:

In true New Years fashion, I'll throw out some resolutions for 2012.
~I will be more healthy and exercise to make it to my ideal body. Setting a specific weight goal never works.
~I will dedicate more time to my hobbies, like photography.
~I will be a more adventurous cook.


I'm really happy with how 2012 went. 
~ I may not always be satisfied with the number on my scale, but I'm happy with how I feel and look. Staying fit has become an essential part of life and I actually enjoy it! Dearest and I ran our second 1/2 marathon (set a personal record) and we're just about to sign up for our third. 
~ I bit the bullet and purchased photo editing software. Now to find the time to take the pictures. I got a new sewing machine as well and I've been busting out projects left and right. 
~ Cooking- I think this resolution may have been meant for Dearest. He's really come a long way. Some of his highlights: asparagus pesto risotto and braised beef.  Mmmm.

Looking to next year, I can honestly say that 2013 will be the best year of my life (so far). Bold statement, but I'm sure you'll agree. Here's why:
~ Dearest will be done with school. FINALLY! After 5.5 years, he will graduate in December. But starting in the summer, he'll have a full time internship (i.e. extra income). 
~ Work is going really well. My manager keeps reminding me I should go for a promotion, but I'm on the fence about it. 
~ I'm starting off the year in great shape. No weight loss resolution here. I just want to continue with the running and beat last years 1/2 marathon time. 
As for resolutions, I don't really have any. I just want to keep going in the same direction. 

Something nice about 2013 is that things seem pretty straight forward. I'll still be at the same job. Dearest will be in school and have an internship. We'll be in the same apartment (which we are out-growing rather quickly). Nothing major planned. 
Looking even further into 2014, I know that everything will be up in the air. Dearest will be getting a real job. We will probably move. Depending on the previous two, I may have to leave my job. Craziness. I'm sure in 12 months time, I'll be freaking out. 

So for now, here's to 2013! *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment