Friday, August 7, 2009

Mid-year Reflection

We've crossed the mid-year point, so it seems like a nice moment to reflect upon the first 7 months of the year. I made some resolutions, none if which were unattainable (what's the point of unattainable goals??).

~Finish School: I definitely finished school and 6 months earlier than I had originally planned. If you do the math of actual class time, it took me 10 weeks less than most of my fellow graduates. ;)

~ Finish a book or screenplay: I finished two screenplays! One full length and one short. I have to admit that I'm more proud of my short script, mostly because I felt I invested a lot of time and effort, even if it was only 12 pages.

~ Save some dough: Saving has gone... no where. We're debt free (aside from that 40" HDTV...), which is nice. We've got a lot of upcoming expenses, most of them wedding related.

~ Try a new recipe every week: I'd say everything even out to a new one each week. Some weeks we try 3 or 4 new things, other busy weeks I stick to something simple and familiar. One of my favorites so far: "shake and bake" chicken.

~ Make my skinny jeans my everyday jeans: I'm doing a lot better. Not necessarily losing pounds, but I'm still thinning out. There's this ad at 24 Hr Fitness of a woman and her personal trainer. The quote over her head explaining her reason for hitting the gym: "To fit into my wedding dress." 'Nuff said.

~ Move: We moved! I'm pretty sure I've written about this before, since I love love love the place. :)

It's been an eventful 7 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment