Friday, July 10, 2009

The End is Near

The end is near.... of school, that is. I am officially 13 days (and just 4 days of classes) away from being a college graduate. I applied for graduation last week- apparently you have to inform the school that you'd like to stop paying unreasonably high tuition and just get your degree. My last day of class is July 23rd, so if you try and get in contact with me I probably won't answer til oh, the 26th? ;) I'm taking two classes: a lit class and screenwriting. I'm finding that if I can keep up with the assignments, I should be home free.

I also started a new job. Yes, in the middle of the most important quarter of school, I decided to pick up a second job. It's only part-time, maybe 20 hours a week, of being a hostess at a local Japanese restaurant. It doesn't pay much right now, but I'm advancing to Lunch Coordinator now and hopefully a server once I'm done with school. I didn't want the task of learning the menu and basically another language all while juggling classes. I enjoy the atmosphere of working in a restaurant again and the people are fun.

Wedding planning has come to a near stand still. I think we have the guest list finalized, just a few tweaks here and there as the day gets closer. Dearest and I will be taking engagement pictures in early August and I'm really excited about them. I absolutely love our photographer and can't wait to see more of her amazing work. I'm really envious of her- writer and photographer? She's really got it all.

As for Dearest and I... We're doing really well. We've been trying out a new recipe almost every night: some good, others bad. We're just enjoying our new place and both trying to make it through these last few weeks of summer school alive.

Hope you're all doing well! Next time I write, it'll probably be as a college grad!

No comments:

Post a Comment