Sunday, September 8, 2013

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend: Trip Recap

What better way to recap our 4 day trip to Disneyland for the Half Marathon Weekend than through photos. :) 

If you're looking for race recaps, here are my recaps for the Inaugural Disneyland 10k, Disneyland Half Marathon 2013, and my thoughts on the Dumbo Double Dare.

We flew down to Orange County on Friday morning.

We went to California Adventure first to hang out with my cousin's kids while they rode Radiator Springs Racers.

A little afternoon snack. Beer not recommended before a race, but hey, it's Disneyland! :)

Toy Story Midway Mania. I beat Dearest every time. ;)

I got my fried green tomato sandwich w/ sweet potato fries at the Hungry Bear Restaurant! So yummy!


 One last photo in the Court of Angels at Disneyland. We took a very similar picture on our first visit to Disneyland together. The court is such a peaceful and quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of the park. It's super romantic, I'm sure tons of people have gotten engaged here. Sadly it's going to close as the area will become part of the private Club 33 when it expands. I'll definitely miss coming here.

 Some of the souvenirs I brought back!

Magical Fireworks

My 2013 Grad!

Dearest was so great with our little cousins. I just know someday he's going to be a great dad. :) 

Mickey and the Magical Map. Fun show with great music, but not quite as good as previous shows or the Aladdin Musical in California Adventure.

Our flight out of Orange County was delayed for 3 hours, so we passed the time with beer, wings and fries. I just ran a 10k and half marathon, so I need to replenish, right? :) 

Orange County has a city noise ordinance stating that planes cannot take off past 10pm. We boarded the plane around 9:45 and all the flight attendants were quick to tell us that if we were not "wheels up" by 10pm, we would be staying the night. There was one passenger that kept fiddling with his bag in the over head compartment and I'm surprised no one jumped up and forced him to sit down. As we taxied out on the tarmac at 9:55p, we had to wait for four, yes FOUR, planes to land. Time was ticking by and everyone was getting antsy. Finally, the engines roared and we began our take off, even though it was past 10pm. Thank you, Southwest! :)

My hubby surprised me with this ornament! He was acting all weird, saying he was looking for something in a store, but wouldn't tell me what it was. After running around Disneyland, he finally found it and surprised me with it. He was going to wait until Christmas (we add a new ornament to the tree every year), but he couldn't wait. We are both terrible at holding back surprises. ;)
My favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- so perfect!

Hope you enjoyed the recap! :)

6 comments:

  1. Such great pictures! You sure have a keeper there in Dearest. Love the ornament too! See you at Tink--- no, I mean it. We have to meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty! I am quite a lucky lady. :) We will definitely meet at Tink! I was bummed that I didn't make it to any of the meet ups where I was hoping to meet you. I know you experienced the same thing- it's hard to take time away from the family. :)

      Delete
  2. John Wayne is a ridiculous airport. In addition to the evening curfew, planes can't take off until a certain time in the morning. Then there are all kinds of noise abatement rules that the pilots have to follow on takeoff. The crazy thing is, the people of Newport Beach who live under the flight path are demanding even more rules. Airlines are citing safety issues. There are some crazy politics surrounding that airport, for sure.

    Awesome fireworks shot, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never experienced any problems with John Wayne before, so this was quite a shock to me! While they may have tons of restrictions, they have the best selection of food. Makes the waiting less painful. ;)
      I actually stole the fireworks shot from my brother- I will pass along the compliments. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your photos! I love Disney pretzels and beer too :) I fully plan on having at least one when we go for TOT in October!

    The ornament your hubby got you is so adorable! Great choice for a Christmas tree addition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything Mickey shaped just seems to taste better. :)
      I am in love with all the Mickey hat ornaments. There are so many, it's hard to pick just one! :)

      Delete