Thursday, March 14, 2013

Daylight Savings: Good or Bad?

This week has been rough, mostly because of the time change. Sure, getting that extra hour of light in the evening is nice, but that first morning after the change is not fun. I'm not talking about Sunday, come on, I'm sure all of us slept in. Monday is my early shift when I usually wake up at 6am, which suddenly became "5am." Yes, I'm still rationalizing in my head "well, it's really only supposed to be..." The sunny evenings have been nice and getting home while it's still light out helps me to relax after work. 

Unfortunately, the time change has made running in the morning almost impossible. I don't like to run when it's dark out (yes, I'm a little scaredy cat), but there's not enough time after sunrise to run, get ready and get to work on time. I'm trying to squeeze in runs when I can. I think I've pinpointed Fridays (speed training) and Sundays (long run) and hopefully a day or two in between. We'll see how it pans out. 

How are you handling the time change? 

No comments:

Post a Comment