Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Training Tuesday


Next race: April 13 - Half Marathon 

I have a little less than 2 weeks before my next race and I'm super excited to run a race again. I don't have a time goal in mind, just to have fun with my friends (this will be their first half). I'm also excited because I'll get to see my husband- he'll be visiting after a month of being apart. Seems like forever already. I don't think he'll run with me, since this is the race he runs for time. But he also hasn't been running that much, so we'll see who has the faster time. ;)




I was expecting to get in a 12 mile run on Sunday, but we only managed 8 miles. The gals I was running with just weren't feeling the run, so we cut it short. I usually run on the treadmill in the mornings, but I ran outside and noticed that I'm a lot faster outside than on the treadmill. Maybe it's the freedom to be able to go at my own pace rather than a controlled one? I'm still sticking to my strength training. It's about 60 push ups, 60 sit ups, squats, lunges, etc. Enough of a challenge, but easy to do every night. 

Do you have times when you just can't get into the run? 

4 comments:

  1. Wow the race is creeping up soon! So excited that your husband gets to come into town and run it too!

    I totally agree about being faster running outdoors...same thing for me! That is quite a strength training regimen you have. I love that it looks super difficult, but also, like you said, it's something you can do every night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It snuck up on me! The strength training isn't too hard, but enough where I feel like I had a decent work out. :)

      Delete
  2. Can't get in my run - was exactly what me past 2 weeks were like - I was quite sick - which means that me runs didn't happen...perfect timing since I had a 30K race on Sunday :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Did you still run the 30k? That's quite a distance!

      Delete