Friday, March 4, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Dearest and I have been apartment hopping for about 4 years now and each place has always had the same boring white walls. And as always, I get the urge to paint them a different color (and every time I have to squash the urge). We've been in our current place for almost 2 years (longest run so far) and I've managed to bring some life to the walls. I made curtains for most of the windows- the black and white damask in the living room is my favorite.

This week I got the urge to paint again, so I decided to let out my crafty side and decorate. I took down a couple movie posters (we'll save those for the home theater room later) and used the space to create some fun, light (literally) art. This is what I came up with:
Add Image
A collage of tissue paper flowers! I used different shades of pink and hung it above my little desk area.

I also poked around some used furniture places for a night stand. I found a small triangle shaped one, gave it a new coat of white paint, decorated it with black swirl designs and voila! Pretty cute, huh? It'll go nicely in our bedroom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment