Monday, August 8, 2016

Baby Lincoln: 6 Months


Age: 6 months!
Weight: 19lbs 3oz (80th percentile)
Length: 27" (68th percentile)
Size: 9 month clothes/size 3 diapers (we use disposables at night)

Sleeping: OH MY GOSH. I never thought this day would come, but he is actually sleeping better! We had a rough couple of weeks- he was waking up at least every 2 hours. At first I thought he was hungry, but he goes 3+ hours between feedings during the day. I'd feed him anyway to get him to go back to sleep, but he'd wake up like an hour later. Both my husband and I were starting to have difficulty functioning during the day, so we decided it was time to sleep train him.

Turns out all his fussing was him trying to tell us he wanted to sleep on his tummy. We took him out of her Merlin sleep suit (now dangerous because he can roll from back to tummy) and within just a few minutes, he flips onto his tummy. By day 4 of sleep training and he only whined for 10 mins before he falling asleep. He wakes up around 1:30am, whines for a couple minutes and goes back to seep until 4:30am when I feed him. Then he'll go back to bed until 6:30am when he wakes for the day. Last night he slept for 7 hours straight and didn't even make a peep when we put him down! YAY! 
It still freaks me out that he sleeps on his tummy and I check on him pretty frequently, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

We also implemented a more strict bedtime routine, which is supposed to help them understand it's time for bed. Story time is part of it.

Eating: We started giving him solids a few days ago. We've just been giving him a tablespoon or so of sweet potatoes and he loves it! He still breastfeeds, roughly every 3 hours during the day and once at night.

Milestones: He can sit up unassisted now! He's not completely stable, so we still have to watch him, but he can sit and play with a toy. :) He also graduated to a bigger car seat. He seems a lot more comfortable and can now see out the window better.

Favorite toys/activities: Loves to ride on daddy's shoulders. Still loves chewing on his Sofie the Giraffe. 

Looking forward to: His first trip to Disneyland! It's not until January, but everything is booked and I'm starting to plan out dining reservations and just read as much as possible about doing Disneyland with a little. :D 
Of course I'm also looking forward to the holidays- seeing him enjoy Thanksgiving dinner (my favorite meal of the year) and all the Christmas events. Halloween is also coming up- gotta start working on our costumes!

Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe how big he is! Glad to hear he is sleeping well at night now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww hi baby Lincoln! yay for sleeping well - I'm so glad that's getting better! My coworkers kid did the same thing at six months with belly sleeping and he's doing fine! Disney trips...so exciting! I've also started thinking about Halloween! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete